China Business Workshop: CATA's VP of Research on Panel
March 19, 2013
March 19, 2013,
7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Lord Elgin Hotel,
100 Elgin Street,
Join the CCBC for the fifth instalment of this popular cross-Canada series. The China Business Workshop offers real-life practical solutions to many of the issues that Canadian companies face when doing business in China. Five speakers will examine key business topics such as quality management and IP protection, and two panel sessions will dig deeper into the relevant issues. A high profile keynote address will also be given at lunch. If you are engaged in business with China, you cannot afford to miss this event.
INDUSTRY EXPERTS JOINING THIS WORKSHOP FROM CHINA AND ACROSS CANADA:
Todd Bissett, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
Robert Gentles, Trade Commissioner, Greater China Commercial Relations Division, DFAIT
Tony Gostling, Director of Member Services and Outreach, CCBC
Jamie Samograd, Partner, Transaction Services, KPMG
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Designed for firms already engaging with China in some way, this program allows firms to explore options for changing, deepening and growing their activity with China.
- Companies that source and export from China
- Companies involved in bilateral investment
-Companies manufacturing in or exporting to China
- Service companies involved with China
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Companies that want to understand the China story
- Understand the best structure of incorporating in China
- Protect yourself and your IP with sound legal advice
- Learn to craft contracts correctly and resolve disputes economically
- Evaluate your current banking requirements
- Discover new things about doing business in China
- Learn about different business structures in China/HK, their regulations and benefits
- Learn quality management, sourcing practices & solutions
- Discover the Canadian Trade Commissioners Services in China
- Learn from China-based executives
Should you have any questions, please contact Jason at 416-954-3800 ext 320 or send an email to email@example.com.