The materials that follow are prepared in consultation with CATA’s Ad Hoc Advisory Board of 18 accomplished individuals from the business, and government communities, as well as our pan Canadian Shared Services Forum (1600 members).
We have also drawn from a special Teleforum recently completed with the lead of the U.K.’ G-Cloud First initiative, Nicola Westmore, Deputy Director - G-Cloud, Efficiency & Reform Group, Cabinet Office, U.K.
The above referenced Teleforum includes a highly recommended one hour audio briefing with overhead slides that could serve as a roadmap for G-Cloud First for Canada.
Further background on G-Cloud First for Canada is provided at these URLs:
What can Canada learn from the U.K.’s G-Cloud First policy?
A compendium of reviews and commentaries of G-Cloud First
Presentation to the House Standing Committee on Industry, Science & Technology
Our guidance to Shared Services Canada is to undertake:
· Evaluation of the UK G-Cloud model and policy;
· Assessment and interviews with key SME’s working on the G-Cloud to determine business impact and benefits;
· Operational assessment of savings, efficiencies and innovation from the G-Cloud;
· Evaluation of US Cloud first model;
· Evaluation of the Australian Cloud first model; and,
· A panel meeting of leading Canadian legal minds on privacy, security to have a best practice discussion on cloud computing and Canada
As requested we have completed the “What Success Would Look Like” template provided by the Innovative Canadian Enterprises Advisory Committee. Available upon request.
Contact: John Reid, CATA CEO at email@example.com