Public Safety & Advanced Security Update from the desk of CATA's VP of Research, Kevin Wennekes
Webcast Tomorrow –700 MHz National Public Safety Broadband Network Technology Infrastructure – Will Reveal Future Business Opportunities
Join Steve Palmer and I tomorrow (Tuesday, July 31) afternoon for a webcast featuring Claudio Lucente, M.Eng, P.Eng, Senior Technical Advisor - 700Mhz Public Safety Mobile Broadband Network, in a discussion with Claudio Lucente regarding the technology architecture needs for a national public safety broadband network. Members, Research Subscribers, Responders, and All-Access Pass holders participate at no charge.
See details here: http://www.cata.ca/Media_and_Events/public-safety/
5th Annual First Responder Vendor Outreach Forum
The agenda of speakers is confirmed (mostly) and I’m only days away from announcing a possible sell-out of the Boardrooms with two more major sponsors included. If you are a Responder looking to help shape the direction of a company’s R&D or a vendor looking for senior public safety expert input into your products or services, you definitely want to participate in our unique Forum.
Takes place in Ottawa this year – more details here: http://www.cata.ca/Media_and_Events/FR_VOF/Ottawa/
Tri-Services Technology Capability Assessment
We are close to launching this critical initiative! The online survey is about to be launched, and all materials are undergoing translation for this national endeavour. Essentially, we’re seeking to understand the importance, effectiveness, and individual capability (training/adoption) of the top priority technologies responders use today and those projected to have the most importance in the future.
See the English version of the site here for more details: http://www.canadian-ttca.ca/
Upcoming Security Related Events
· 107th Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP) Annual Conference Delta Sydney Hotel, Nova Scotia, 19 August 2012 - 23 August 2012
· Paramedicine 2012 The Delta Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, 14 September 2012 - 16 September 2012
· Stratford-Perth CITIG Regional Forum Downie Optimist Hall (St. Pauls, ON) 0,00 $ Register for the Stratford-Perth CITIG Regional Forum
· Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs (CAFC) Annual Conference, Fire Rescue Canada 2012 Sheraton Newfoundland, St. John's, Newfoundland, 23 September 2012 - 27 September 2012
· 3D Indoor Tracking and Location for Fire Fighters and Public Safety Responders Showcase Toronto City Hall, 02 December 2012
· The Sixth Canadian Public Safety Interoperability Workshop: A CITIG National Forum Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel ,02 December 2012 - 05 December 2012
Send us your info on any upcoming public safety and security event and I’ll try to include it in future updates!
Profile of the Month
Allow us to introduce you to Lisa Banducci, Business Development Manager, Litco Systems. As a researcher who lives for data, I sincerely appreciate Litco Systems products’ ability to manage, interpret and demonstrate data in a dynamic and easy-to-understand interface. They are a proud CATA member, a returning sponsor of the VOF, and you may have seen them at CITIG the last couple of years as well. Lisa has been the spearhead behind the company’s foray into the public safety sector and a smart, engaging and extremely knowledgeable regarding how their products can make a true impact in a Responder’s organization. Please take a moment to review their site and give Lisa a call to discuss how their product line can help you manage and interpret your own extensive data needs. http://www.litcosys.ca/
Contact & Engagement Resources
CATAResearch - Feeding minds... and bottom lines. Grow both through us! http://www.cata.ca/research
Subscribe to CATAResearch Repository today – immediate access to hundreds of reports! http://cataalliance.ca/ecommerce/
Join our LinkedIn Groups
CATAAlliance - http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=37239
First Responder Vendor Outreach Forum - http://www.linkedin.com/groupRegistration?gid=3152184
207 Bank St. Suite 416
Ottawa, ON K2P 2N2
w - (613) 236-6550 ext. 3
c - (613) 769-8614
f - (866) 274-8189