CAIP's submission to CRTC's New Media Hearing
Under the direction of CAIP, a team of experts has prepared and tabled with the
CRTC (Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission), a
55 Point Submission addressing issues and concerns regarding Canadian
Broadcasting in New Media.
Key themes covered in the Submission include:
You can download a copy of the submission here.
- CAIP's opposition of a broadcasting levy on ISPs
- Defining Broadcasting in New Media
- The significance of broadcasting in new media and its impact on the Canadian broadcasting system
incentives or regulatory measures necessary or desirable for the
creation and promotion of Canadian broadcasting content in new media?
- Are there issues concerning access to broadcasting content in new media?
- Other broadcasting or public policy objectives
- The appropriateness of the new media exemption orders