++ Call to Action:
- Collaboration opportunities with Daimler AG
- For Canadian Advanced technology enterprises, academia and government
- Targeting technologies aligned with Daimler AG's Technology & Innovation Focus
- Respond by: February 23, 2011
Confirm your interest in Doing business with Daimler AG by email to Emily Boucher
Phone: (902) 404-8816
Atlantic Canada, February 03, 2011
- Daimler AG wishes to identify innovative Atlantic Canadian organizations developing technologies and capabilities which are a strategic match with its technology and innovations focus.
Since its founding, the company's innovations have repeatedly set new standards in the global automotive industry, and continue to do so in the future. This outreach for Atlantic Canadian technologies and services is conducted in that spirit of innovation building competitive success and customer value.
About Daimler AG
Daimler AG is one of the world's most successful automotive companies. With its divisions Mercedes-Benz Cars, Daimler Trucks, Mercedes-Benz Vans, Daimler Buses and Daimler Financial Services, the Daimler Group is one of the biggest producers of premium cars and the world's biggest manufacturer of commercial vehicles with a global reach. Daimler Financial Services provides its customers with a full range of automotive financial services including financing, leasing, insurance and fleet management.
As an automotive pioneer, Daimler continues to shape the future of mobility. The Group applies innovative and green technologies to produce safe and superior vehicles which fascinate and delight its customers. With the development of alternative drive systems, Daimler is the only vehicle producer investing in hybrid drive, electric motors and fuel-cell systems, with the goal of achieving emission-free mobility in the long term. This is just one example of how Daimler willingly accepts the challenge of meeting its responsibility towards society and the environment.
Daimler sells its vehicles and services in nearly all the countries of the world and has production facilities on five continents. Its current brand portfolio includes, in addition to the world's most valuable automotive brand, Mercedes-Benz, the brands smart, Maybach, Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso, Setra, Orion and Thomas Built Buses.
The company is listed on the stock exchanges of Frankfurt, New York and Stuttgart (stock exchange symbol DAI). In 2009, the Group sold 1.6 million vehicles and employed a workforce of more than 256,000 people; revenue totaled EUR78.9 billion and EBIT amounted minus EUR1.5 billion.
A new Daimler publication "TECHNICITY - Magazine for Innovation, Technology and Mobility," reinforces the company's technology and innovation communication competence.
TECHNICITY combines important perspectives and trends from Daimler research and development locations with non-Daimler topics. Urban mobility solutions, technology and innovation processes within the company as well as creativity and innovation trends from the fields of science, research and development are presented in a global context. Please review recent issues for useful insight and perspectives.
Technology Focus List:
In terms of looking at technology and services from Atlantic Canada, areas of interest could include:
Qualification of Interests and Next Steps
- Forecasting trends technologies
- Learning-based growth strategies
- Educational technologies
- Mobility technologies
- Mobility technologies
- Open telematics
- Networked vehicles
- 3D Mobile navigation systems
- Real-time video systems
- Review Daimler's Technology Focus List (see above), including recent issues of TECHNICITY and determine your organization's area of interest.
- Ensure that your organization has relevant published scientific papers, presentations and/or patents that can be reviewed by the Daimler's evaluation team.
- Contact CATAAtlantic with your expression of interest, providing key contact and background information. Your organization will then be provided with a simple template for completion.
- Confirm your CATAAtlantic membership status. Processing fees may apply.
- All expressions of interest must be submitted by February 23rd, 2011, 17:00 EST by email to Emily Boucher, Director of Communications, CATAAtlantic at email@example.com.
- Daimler will review information from selected candidates to determine which areas are of specific interest for future follow-up.
- Daimler will coordinate internally to make sure that each selected Canadian company would be able to meet with the appropriate Director. Follow-up could take several forms including teleconference, videoconferences and site visits to determine the appropriate method for collaboration.
CATAAtlantic is undertaking this initiative with the support of Daimler AG and Red Hot Learning.
A Note from the Desk of CATA CEO, John Reid
to all our Supply Chain executives: Join the CATA Social Network on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/groupRegistration?gid=37239
CATAAlliance is now providing a number of social networking forums for executives to connect, inform and inspire others to individual and organizational success. In order to benefit and be first in line for critical advanced security & public safety updates, please join the CATAAlliance social networking group, Networked Vehicle Forum on Linkedin at http://www.linkedin.com/groupRegistration?gid=3725396